Educational Research Assistant: Part-Time
Members of an award-winning K-12 educational technology company seek an exceptional research Assistant to collaborate on formative research for a new digital education product focusing on the Early Childhood market.
This is a part-time position that will involve some work from our NYC headquarters, as well as assisting the Early Education and Research Lead with play testing in preschools and kindergartens around New York and New Jersey. This role is ideal for someone with a flexible schedule and the ability to work varying hours as needed to accommodate research sessions.
Primary Responsibilities include:
· Reviewing and learning new product releases and testing protocols
· Preparing and organizing research materials as directed (e.g. copying, collating, labeling, parental consent, etc.)
· Planning and purchasing school incentives
· Attending all play testing sessions
o Interacting and successfully managing children ages 3-6, individually or in groups
o Overseeing the camera and session set-up
o Recording child data during testing as directed
· Entering data into Excel and/or other documents
· Reporting critical observations, ideas or recommendations to Early Education & Research Lead
· Recruiting new testing sites and coordinating communication with site administrators
· Assisting in research for other educational products in development
-BA degree in Psychology, Education, Child Development or related field. Advanced degree a plus
-Minimum 1 year of research experience, including testing in the field
-Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
-Excellent analytical skills, including ability to meaningfully organize qualitative data sets
-Understanding of the current digital education landscape, particularly apps for young learners
-Some experience with early childhood curriculum or working with preschoolers preferred
-Flexible schedule with the ability to test in the morning, 9:00-Noon.
-Positive, collaborative, “there are no small tasks” attitude
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.